Washington State DSHS Housing Program Manager in Washington
DSHS Housing Program Manager
Are you interested in joining a team of creative individuals working to increase independent community housing options for individuals with complex long term support needs? Do you enjoy collaborating with a wide range of community partners, state agencies, and service providers? If you are good at creating partnerships, problem-solving a diverse range of issues, and tracking key data elements to help tell the story, then this career opportunity is for you!
At the Department of Social & Health Services, *Transforming Lives* *is *our mission*. And it takes people to make this a reality. *Join us to strategize ways to blend affordable independent housing with the right array of services to increase the ability of individuals with complex needs to live successfully in the community.
Aging and Long Term Support Administration seeks a Housing Program Manager to join a team assigned the responsibility for statewide development of partnerships and resources to increase availability and access to affordable and accessible independent housing for individuals with complex needs across the State's three Home and Community Services (HCS) regions, particularly focusing on HCS Region 2 resources. You'll help formulate statewide policy and provide long range strategic direction for the agency by providing subject matter expertise related to affordable housing and services to support individuals with long term care needs successfully in the community. In your role you will have the flexibility to work in offices within Region 2
Some of what you'll do
- Train providers and staff about existing services and best practices;
- Increase state housing capacity for individuals transitioning from institutional settings to the community;
- Work with a state level team to design a strategic approach to HCS housing resource support and development across all DSHS regions including goals, objectives and continuous evaluation at both the state and regional level;
- Manage Non-elderly disabled (NED) housing choice vouchers in Region 2 and statewide as necessary;
- Develop and manage HUD 811 projects, housing bridge subsidies, and other services to support individuals with complex needs in independent community housing;
- Collaborate with community partners such as local housing authorities, non-profit and for-profit housing providers, and private landlords to increase accessible housing capacity.
Who should apply?
Applicants who possess a Bachelor's Degree in social work, health or social science, public administration or related field and 5 years' of experience with low-income housing or related community services; or a Master's degree and additional experience with long term care systems.
What we're looking for
- Experience with low-income housing and related community services;
- Working knowledge of home and community based long term service delivery;
- Demonstrated ability to provide training and technical assistance;
- Skills in community development and project planning;
- Demonstrated ability to collect and analyze data from systems and make thoughtful recommendations that result in positive program changes;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to write and speak and concisely to partners and agencies, both public and private from diverse populations
- Submit an application
- Letter of Interest
Questions, contact Tracie Kidd
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-190 PB192
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/1/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $57,967.00 - $74,913.00 Annually
Location: King County - Multiple Locations, WA