Washington State IT Auditor in Washington
The State Auditor's Office (SAO) offers a chance for you to make a difference in how government operates. It's an excellent opportunity for innovators capable of critical thinking. It's your chance to join us in the search for new ideas to ensure our audits are relevant and provide value to the governments we audit. It's a career in which you can take pride in the work you do and the services we perform for the citizens of Washington State.
SAO also offers a rare opportunity to work in a government environment that is high profile but also even paced. While we have high expectations for the depth and quality of work, we are also able to manage our project schedules to sustain a healthy work / life balance.
As part of the State and Local Government Technology Audit Teams, IT Auditor's will conduct General and Application reviews, identify and evaluate technology risks, mitigation controls and opportunities for internal control improvement. To learn more about our agency, the work we do, and the opportunities here for you, visit our website at www.sao.wa.gov.
The IT Auditor will be responsible for participating in audits of the IT-related processes and compliance within the organization. This includes testing and compliance for systems, applications, and processes. This is a great role for an Audit professional looking to continue to further grow their IT Audit background and skills in a large, enterprise setting, working with complex systems and applications in a global environment.
This is a great opportunity for an IT Auditor who is looking to grow their skills and background and be part of a growing field within the organization. These positions are classified as Assistant State Auditor 3 and may be filling in-training. Our in-training staff is provided instruction and on-the-job experience designed to support their growth to the journey level position.
Specific duties may include:
- Providing IT controls leadership and input to IT and business management and other agency personnel.
- Planning and executing IT infrastructure, general computer control audits, business process / application control reviews, systems development / conversion reviews and compliance management engagements. Testing the effectiveness of the agency's key IT controls and providing guidance on remediation of testing failures.
- Providing assessments and evaluation of information technology infrastructure and business application and makes recommendations to mitigate IT-related business risks.
- Creating and maintaining various technology-based solutions designed to allow for the analysis of massive amounts of information.
- Developing database queries to track and / or analyze information.
- Planning and executing IT internal audits comprised of research, planning, engagement meeting, testing, exit meeting, report writing, and follow-up testing.
- Participating in the IT portion of business-related internal audits.
- Consulting with business process owners on an ad hoc basis to provide guidance on best practices.
- Providing anti-fraud consultations on an ad hoc basis, which may include review of electronic records or an on-site review of documents. Qualifications
Candidates should have a Bachelor's degree, which includes 10 semester hours or 15 quarter hours in accounting. A degree in Computer Science, Business Communication, Accounting, Information Systems or related field is preferred.
Assistant State Auditor 2: Requires a Bachelor's degree, which includes 10 semester hours or 15 quarter hours in accounting, and one year of professional experience in auditing, accounting, finance, banking, investigation or two years of other related professional level work experience.
Assistant State Auditor 3: Requires a Bachelor's degree, which includes 10 semester hours or 15 quarter hours in accounting, and two years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, finance, banking, investigation that includes at least one year of audit experience.
In addition to the qualifications listed above we are seeking candidates who also possess the following:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability and desire to be a self-starter and follow-through on assigned tasks within established timeframes with a minimum amount of supervision
- Above average knowledge of information systems general and business application control procedures
- Strong background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environment knowledge of various technical platforms, networks, security issues, and data retrieval techniques
- Intermediate knowledge and use of Excel, Visio, Access, SQL and related macros and databases Supplemental Information
Benefits of Working for the State of Washington and the State Auditor's Office (SAO)
As a full-time State employee you accrue vacation (12-22 days per year) and sick leave (1 day per month). Full-time employees are entitled to 11 paid holidays. You and your family members are covered by medical (including vision), dental and basic life insurance. As a new employee you will have the option of two employer contributed retirement programs to enroll in. We also offer paid training programs, flexible schedules and shared commuter options.
As a Washington State employee you will also enjoy other benefits and discounts from various companies. Here are a few:
- WGU Washington is proud to offer a special discount for Washington state employees. As a Washington state employee, you are entitled to a 5 percent discount on our already affordable tuition rates for your first two terms!
- Discounts on phone services through Verizon, AT&T; and Sprint.
- Ability to take advantage of the Home Use Program, allowing you to get selected Microsoft software at a reduced price.
Application Process: Please submit your completed application including a detailed letter of interest and responses to the supplemental questionnaire. To be considered you must complete the supplemental questionnaire and detail your relevant courses as specified. Incomplete responses will result in disqualification of your application.
Degrees awarded outside the United States must include a credential evaluation report.
If you are a US Veteran and would like to apply for Veteran's Preference, attach a copy of Form DD214 military record showing honorable discharge.
Questions may be directed to the applications unit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of the Washington State Auditor is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application or testing process, or who need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 725-5367 or via the telecommunications relay service by dialing 7-1-1.
Salary: $3,807.00 - $6,095.00 Monthly
Location: Multiple Locations Statewide, WA
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09173
Department: Auditor's Office
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.