HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Cardiovascular in Webster, Texas
_Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX_
_Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Cardiovascular_
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a 610-bed facility in the heart of Bay Area Houston, was founded in 1972. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. From fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, we ensure Bay Area residents receive the best available healthcare in their own community.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center *is looking for a *Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Cardiovascular.
- Regularly rounds on patients and is available to families, physicians and staff.
- Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic testing with fiscal accountability.
- Analyzes data to formulate a diagnosis or diagnoses.
- Formulates a plan based on priority issues for the patient and family.
- Selects appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions with cost awareness for both the patient and the hospital.
- Provides on-going patient education with regard to procedures, medications, treatment plan and follow-up care.
- Expedites patient discharge by monitoring length of stay and timely completion of discharge instructions.
- Makes appropriate referrals based on patient priorities and arranges for follow-up care and home care.
- Maintains and continuously updates order sheets and forms used in program areas.
- Evaluates, revises as necessary, and resigns NP protocols in conjunction with physician sponsor(s) on an annual basis.
- Provides education to staff, in the form of inservices, at least 4 times per year.
- Mentors staff and does frequent, informal teaching using the plan of care as a dynamic tool.
- Monitors nursing care on an ongoing basis as rounds on patients.
- Gives frequent feedback to managers. Provides example of change in nursing practice related to NP input, i.e., own knowledge, current research, etc.
- Takes ownership in solving problems effectively, efficiently and to the satisfaction of the patient.
- Presents constructive feedback regarding system or process failures and participates in resolution in a proactive and positive manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee information in verbal, written, and electronic information. Compliant with all HIPPA regulations.
- Presents information effectively and helps team members grasp and understand issues.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within the Cardiovascular Service Line and with other departments.
- Provides constructive input and suggestions to support process improvement within departments.
- Consistently displays behavior that enhances the image of the organization as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior toward all customers.
- Demonstrates respect for others’ opinions, judgment, and capabilities.
- Resolves effectively conflict with others. Assists others to address issues and works to resolve concerns in a manner that demonstrates dignity and respect to all parties.
- Proactively supports the delivery of quality of service and promotes this as a fundamental value of employment at the facility.
- Demonstrates a high degree of sensitivity for privacy and confidentiality. Treats customers with dignity and respect and holds team members accountable to the same standards.
- Adheres to established hospital and department guidelines and protocols. Supports the hospital mission, vision, and values, as well as those of HCA and HCA-CCMN.
- Accepts and supports change within the organization.
- Adheres to hospital/department personnel policies. Acts as a role model in these policies for staff.
- Is competent and responsible in following safety and security policies of the hospital.
- Conducts all interactions and service in keeping with institutional and corporate ethics and compliance policies.
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
- Masters degree from an accredited nurse practitioner program.
- Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license with recognition by the BNE as an advanced practice nurse.
- National nurse practitioner certification.
- Prescriptive authority by the BNE and BME.
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Minimum of five years in Cardiovascular critical care services. One year of Nurse Practitioner experience preferred.
Title: Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Cardiovascular
Location: Texas-Webster-Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster
Requisition ID: 01533-69902