CB&I Electrician Helper 1 in Westlake, Louisiana
Title: Electrician Helper 1
Location: United States-Louisiana-Westlake
Assists skilled craftsperson in the performance of their duties by performing supportive type chores as directed by the craftsperson.
- Primarily assists the journey electrician on all work activities.
- Can and often performs journey tasks, contingent on the level of experience and directions from the journey electrician.
- Required to assist in staging materials and necessary tools to execute each work activity, and will assist in the layout and measuring of materials for installation.
- Assists in carrying, measuring, cutting and threading aluminum and galvanized conduit and fittings for installation.
- Will assist in carrying, measuring and pulling wire into conduit, cable tray and, in installing and supporting cable tray and other conduit supports.
- Assists in wiring and checking electrical motors.
- Often is required to perform runner/expeditor functions within the crew or for the craftsperson as well as running down the Foreman or GF to answer questions or provide additional information.
- Is responsible for retrieving all necessary tools from the tool room on a daily basis to support the day’s specific activity.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
- See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensions objects.
- Work at heights without fear.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Electrician
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2017, 3:09:09 PM
Requisition ID: 1707419
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.