CB&I Material Handler Journey in Westlake, Louisiana
Title: Material Handler Journey
Location: United States-Louisiana-Westlake
Must be familiar with tools and consumables. Have the ability to hand out and receive both tools and welding wire. Knowledgeable in repairing tools. Ability to order consumables and tools and to maintain a log of distribution.
- Stores, removes, loads and unloads all types of materials from storage bins, pallets, trays, racks, and vehicles that can't be handled by material handling devices.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- Operates manual or mechanical devices and stocks inventory shelves.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order or follows oral instructions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Assorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves or bins according to predetermined sequences such as size type, style, or color
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Moves materials and supplies from warehouse and prepares for delivery.
- Fills requisition, work orders or request for materials, tools or stock items.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together, using banding machine and clincher.
- Clamps sections of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products.
- Lifts objects by hand or using power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs, such as realigning belts or replacing rollers, using hand tools.
- Assembles crates to contain products, such as machines or vehicles, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- Shovels loose materials, such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics, or chemicals, into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers, such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- Records material items received or distributed.
- May maintain inventory records
- Perform routine housekeeping task to maintain work area
- Follows all hazardous waste handling guidelines.
- Responsible for observing and following all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties and activities as directed.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industry’s most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.
Job Field: Materials
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2017, 4:23:26 PM
Requisition ID: 1707430
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.