Indian Health Service Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist (CT), GS-0647-08/09/10 - Direct Hire in Whiteriver, Arizona
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following location:
- Whiteriver, AZ
Work Schedule is Multiple Schedules - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Wednesday 11/11/2015 (344 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 11/10/2016 (21 day(s) away)
Positions are Filled as Vacancies Occur
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for anticipated or future vacancies at the Whiteriver Service Unit in Whiteriver, Arizona or Cibecue Health Center in Cibecue, Arizona. Candidates with a complete application may be considered for positions that match the desired specialties and/or job preferences. Positions may be filled at any of the grade levels indicated in this announcement, with or without promotion potential, as vacancies occur.
For information on the IHS, visit IHS.GOV
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accredited by The Joint Commission, the Whiteriver PHS Indian Hospital is a 40-bed hospital and provides ambulatory and inpatient services for 17,000 White Mountain Apache Tribal Members and 4,000 Native Americans living in the surrounding areas. The Cibecue Health Center, located 50 miles northwest of Whiteriver, provides outpatient, urgent care, dental, and community health services to 1,800 residents of Cibecue and Carrizo.
Applications will remain eligible for three (3) months from the time the application is received.
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:U.S. Citizens, current and former Competitive Service Federal employees, active U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps, Indian Preference candidates, and Veterans Preference candidates.
WORK SCHEDULE: Positions may be filled as Full-Time, Part-Time, or Intermittent work schedules. Positions may be Rotating Shifts, Nights, Weekends, or Holidays.
GS-08- $46,523 - $58151
GS-09- $49,958 - $63,654
GS-10- $55,018 - $70,103
RECRUITMENT BONUS: Recruitment bonus, up to 25%, may be authorized subject to availability and approval.If offered, you will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the service agreement may result in repayment of recruitment bonus.
GOVERNMENT HOUSING: Government housing may be available.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Occasional travel may be required.
- Performs quality control, daily required calibration, and records appropriate performance.
- Reviews and evaluates developed x-rays or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Operates and oversees operation of radiologic or magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions imaging equipment and adjusts controls to set exposure time and distance according to specification of examination.
- Evaluates the exam order for appropriateness, prepares CT suite, and provides education and assessment to the patient.
- Positions the patient correctly, selects appropriate protocol and demonstrates ALARA in the selection of scan parameters.Monitors the patients' condition and reactions.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel to Cibecue Health Center
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active unrestricted license
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Public Law 97-35 requires that persons who administer radiologic procedures meet the credentialing standards in 42 CFR Part 75. Essentially, they must (1) have successfully completed an educational program that meets or exceeds the standards described in that regulation, and its accredited by an organization recognized by the Department of Education, and (2) be certified as radiographers in their field. The following meet these requirements: (1) Persons employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel prior to the effective date of the regulation (January 13, 1986) who show evidence of current or fully satisfactory performance or certification of such from a licensed practitioner such as a doctor of medicine, osteopathy, dentistry, podiatry, or chiropractic who prescribes radiologic procedures to others.
(2) Persons first employed by the Federal Government as radiologic personnel after the effective date of the regulation who (a) received training from institutions in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not accredit training in that particular field at the time of graduation, or (b) practiced in a State or foreign jurisdiction that did not license that particular field or did not allow special eligibility to take a licensure examination for those who did not graduate from an accredited educational program, provided that such persons show evidence of training, experience, and competence as determined by OPM or the employing agency.
ADDITONAL REQUIREMENTS: In addition to the above, diagnostic radiologic technologists must also meet the following requirements for the GS-08 level and above.
For GS-08: Applicants who meet at least one of the following requirements may qualify for positions at this grade level. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level performing a variety of difficult radiographic examinations that provided the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of this position.
For GS-09: Applicants who meet at least one of the following requirements may qualify for positions at this grade level. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-08 grade level independently performing many types of computerized tomographic scans; or Two full years of graduate education leading to a Master's degree or a Master's degree with courses in radiography or other related radiographic studies attained from an accredited college, university, or medical school; or A combination of specialized experience and graduate education as described above.
For GS-10: Applicants who meet at least one of the following requirements may qualify for positions at this grade level. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level independently performing many types of computerized tomographic scans; or Two full years of graduate education leading to a Master's degree or a Master's degree with courses in radiography or other related radiographic studies attained from an accredited college, university, or medical school; or A combination of specialized experience and graduate education as described above.
Licensure: Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT), (R), and/or (CT)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Immunization against Measles and Rubella required; influenza vaccine is recommended.
- 1 year probationary period for initial appointment to Federal service.
- Position covered by P.L. 101-630, Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
- Must have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- May obtain and maintain clinical privileges. If they are not obtained or maintained during employment, the employee may be subject to adverse action, up to and including removal from Federal service.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; or you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement. Multiple position types may be filled from this announcement during the term of the open period. Qualified applicants will be referred at the request of the selecting official upon a vacancy. Those candidates who have complete application packets on file as of each request date will receive full consideration for the vacant position.
Your name will be referred to those positions that match your job preferences.Your application will remain active for three months after date of receipt by this office. It will be removed from consideration after the three months have lapsed and placed in an inactive file. If you want further consideration, after this period, then you must re-apply to the announcement and update any application documents as required.
You can view our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
- Annual continuing education available at most sites.
NOTE: Part-Time employees pay a proportionately higher premium for benefits than Full-Time employees. Additionally, earned Annual and Sick Leave balances will be pro-rated based upon the number of hours worked. Intermittent employees are not eligible for either health or life insurance coverage (subject to specific conditions) and do not accrue Sick or Annual Leave.
IHS Loan Repayment Program (LRP): The IHS has a student loan repayment program for qualifying health disciplines. This is a competitive process separate from the hiring process. Opportunities for LRP are based on Agency hiring priorities and availability of funds. For additional information, please visit: http://www.ihs.gov/careeropps/loanrepayment/
IHS Operated Properties are Tobacco-Free
Salary Range: $46,523.00 to $70,103.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0647-08/10
Promotion Potential: 10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 417739900
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-PX-1523540-DHA