HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Trauma in Wichita, Kansas
Registered Nurse (RN) FT Nights
• Primary Care for 5-7 patients on the Unit
• Monitor and report lab values
• Monitor and report post-op status
• Pain management
• Start and manage all IV meds and fluids
• Prep all patients for surgery as needed
• Educate patients/ family regarding management of current condition as well as ongoing care for the condition/disease process.
• Communicate all needs and changes to Physician as they arise.
• Take and implement all orders
• Receive and monitor post-op patients
• Monitor, manage and educate regarding all coexisting conditions that are present during the hospital stay.
• Admit patients and conduct thorough initial assessment, medication reconciliation and report to physician
• Be an active participant in the patient care plan by assisting the patient in setting and achieving goals on a daily basis during the hospital stay.
• Discharge assessment and education
Required Registration, Licensure or Certification Current Licensure in the State of Kansas as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN)
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course within allotted timeframe, as specified in policy
Required Education or Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
Required Knowledge and Skills
Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including, but not limited to, administering treatments and medications, interpreting diagnostic tests, formulating a plan of care, collaborating with other health care providers and providing education to patients and/or significant others
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
Possess personal computer skills
Ability to multi-task, delegate and prioritize
Possess problem solving and critical thinking skills
Ability to collaborate with other health care providers
Ability to educate patients and/or significant others
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
Acute care experience helpful but – not required.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Med/Trauma
Location: Kansas-Wichita-Wesley Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00323-15295