Geisinger Health System RN - MS 4West (Telemetry)/Flloat in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Location: Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center
Work Schedule: Nights (5-8 hour shifts); every other weekend/holiday rotation
Work Type: FULL TIME (1.0 FTE) - 80 hours in 2 week pay period; 40W Overtime
The Registered Nurse assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive responses of patient/family to achieve the highest level of patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction. Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions. Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients in their assigned nursing unit.Responsible for ensuring the very best patient/family experience by optimizing all interactions. Foster a positive work environment through mutual support and cooperation and adheres to GHS and unit specific Service Standards.Reports directly to the Operations Manager.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and effective communication skills.* Demonstrates excellent clinical nursing skills, knowledge, judgment and leadership in a multidisciplinary environment. * Demonstrates ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.* Demonstrates ability to be confident, personable, self-motivated and function with tact and poise in all situations.* Demonstrates the capability of making rapid and clinically accurate decisions based on evidence based practice. * Demonstrates ability to interact professionally on all levels within and outside the organization.* Demonstrates basic computer skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an approved school of nursing required. RN currently licensed, or eligible, in the state of Pennsylvania required.* BLS certification preferred and required within 60 days of employment.
- PALS may be required within one (1) year of employment (unit specific).
- Duration of on-the-job training to become familiar with job duties varies by individual unit.
- ACLS within first 6 months of hire required.
Effective August 1, 2015 for RNs that are newly hired externally or promoted into this Geisinger RN position, BSN degree is required or enrollment in a BSN program within 6 months of hire date with BSN degree completed within 4 years of hire date is required. For current Geisinger RNs who transfer into this position, BSN degree is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Geisinger Health System is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator® and ProvenCare®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 12 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 510,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $8.9 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania economy. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or follow the latest Geisinger news and more on Twitter and Facebook.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.