BASF Administration Associate in Wyandotte, Michigan
BASF, “The Chemical Company” is seeking candidates for an Administrative Assistant role in the Environment, Health and Safety hub. This position is located in Wyandotte, MI.
Job Description ;
The selected individual will be responsible for supporting the Manager of the Ohio, Michigan and Canada EHS hub, and the 27-person team located across OH, MI and Canada as well as providing administrative support to both the Wyandotte site in conjunction with other Administrative Assistants and corporate EHS as required.
This position reports to the OHMICAN EHS Hub Manager.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellent organizational, communication (both written and verbal) and collaborative skills. Working with many different partners on multiple simultaneous assignments, the successful candidate must be able to perform accurate, high quality work in a timely manner and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate must be a results oriented, highly motivated, independent team player with a strong sense of organizational discipline and who is able to identify and implement sustainable, management system solutions to repetitive tasks.
Key attributes include :
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated initiative and ability to anticipate needs and be highly articulate
- Demonstrated work ethic; quality and attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational and cultural awareness with ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel
- Strong team player with high service level approach to customer interaction and satisfaction
- High energy, positive/can-do attitude, professional projection internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results and desire/drive to help others deliver successful results with ability to handle multiple priorities and to quickly and accurately respond to requests from many sources
- Own and maintain the EHS hub electronic file system (Microsoft Office and SharePoint applications)
- Prepare and issue monthly EHS data updates
- Create, organize and maintain large volumes of data, critical information, and complex scorecards using SAP and MS office tools. May include need to collect information from multiple sources, developing new formats for tracking and presenting information
- Support local EHS regulatory activities by ensuring legal correspondence is sent in a timely manner
- Support local EHS activities including administration of (a) electronic training programs (b) safety eye glasses procurement (c) reconciliation of waste management and other invoices (d) providing local building safety training,
- Support corporate EHS activities by (a) maintain distribution lists and timely distribution of corporate EHS communications (b) gathering, collating and distribution of regional corporate EHS reports and maintenance of EHS corporate web site
- Support EHS Hub Manager and hub team with meetings, travel and scheduling logistics
- Maintain adequate office and break-room supplies for the 2ndfloor of the Administration building
- Work with other site Administrative Assistants on scheduling, organizing and executing site wide initiatives –eg. annual family picnic, global safety week activities
- Work with other site Administrative Assistants to ensure adequate coverage during absences and provide support to Site General Manager, Communications Manager and Operational Excellence Manager, if needed.
Provide day-to-day office support primarily for local office staff such as office relocations, office supply acquisition and management (including basic cost control), filing, guest management including hotel and lunches. Includes occasional virtual support to off -site locations within the hub.
- Associates Degree or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years Administrative Experience preferably in an industrial environment.
- Experience in designing and updating web-sites would be an advantage
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite software, including Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Multi-task oriented and able to manage tight deadlines;
- Experience using Lotus Notes and SAP a plus;
This position is part of a job family with multiple levels and will be filled at a level that is commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Job: ADSU - Admin. & Office Support
Organization: NCU-Environment, Health & Safety
Title: Administration Associate
Requisition ID: 1603469