Kettering Medical Center Greene Oaks- STNA in Xenia, Ohio
STATE TESTED NURSING ASSISTANT – GREENE OAKS RETIREMENT COMMUNITY - STNA**
Kettering Medical Center seeks to hire a State Tested Nursing Assistant who will embrace our mission to improve the quality of life of the people in the communities we serve through health care and education.
KETTERING HEALTH NETWORK AT A GLANCE
Taking pride in our Sacred Work, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for our patients and their families. We strive to improve the quality of life of those in our community. Located in southwest Ohio, Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, nine emergency departments and 120 outpatient facilities
The STNA works under supervision of the professional nurse, assisting in performing specific duties and activities of daily living in caring for age specific groups identified in the position responsibilities. Adheres to the Kettering Health Network Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Full-Time or Part-Time
6:00 am – 6:00 pm alternate weekend & holidays
6:00 am – 2:00 pm alternate weekend & holidays
*$1,000 sign-on bonus offered *
High school graduate or GED and current CPR. Must have successful completion of state tested nursing assistant course or the equivalent. Previous nursing home experience with acceptable references strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates through behavior Kettering Health Network core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork.
- Performs initial and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patients, (caregivers/family) to determine home care needs, including drug review, safety, pain management and OASIS assessments at appropriate time points. Assesses for sign of abuse and/or neglect.
- Develop a care plan/discharge plan in collaboration with the physician and patient and chooses the appropriate clinical pathway to follow. Notify physician of any change in patient status. Revise Plan of Care as necessary.
- Educate the patient and caregiver/family regarding disease process, self-care techniques, health promotion, rehabilitation and disease prevention based on Home Care/nursing diagnosis.
- Supervise home health aides and licensed practical nurse in care provided.
- Demonstrates good time management on completion of responsibilities and maintain productivity.
- Adheres to infection control policies and procedures. Follow appropriate use of PPE. Perform hand hygiene and nursing bag technique according to policy.
- Maintain adequate current medical supplies for patients and car stock, timely and cost effectively. Store medical supplies in a clean safe environment.
- Participate in agency quality improvement activities to improve organizational performance.
- If functioning as a case manager assumes the responsibility for managing the patients care through to completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
Requisition Number: G15-1948
Title: Greene Oaks- STNA
Department: INTERMEDIATE CARE - 312674
Location: Greene Oaks
Shift: 12-Hour Shift Nights
Job Status: Full-time or Part-time
Hours per Bi-Weekly Pay Period: 72