Washington State Equipment Technician 3 in Yacolt, Washington
Service, Science, Sustainability
Under the leadership of the Commissioner of Public Lands, our work at the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is done with the public's interest in mind, which means transparency and public knowledge. Our decisions are guided by sound science as we manage state trust lands, native ecosystems and natural resources. We support the vision of a sustainable future by protecting and managing the natural resources so future generations will have them.
DNR manages over 5 million acres of state-owned land that includes forest, range, commercial, agricultural and aquatic lands. We generate revenue that supports public schools, state institutions and county services. But managing lands is only half of our story. We also protect other public resources such as fish, wildlife, water, and provide public access to outdoor recreation. Two of our largest and most important state-wide resource protection responsibilities are fire prevention and suppression, and overseeing forest practices.
The DNR has an annual operating budget of approximately $187 million and has over 1200 permanent employees with approximately 300 additional staff hired during the summer fire season.
We have some of the most talented people in the industry. We honor diversity in the workplace and support one another with respect and trust. We invite you to learn more about our culture, our careers, and why some of the top forestry and natural science professionals have joined Washington DNR by visiting our DNR website.
Equipment Technician 3 Recruitment # 2016-10-0268-10309
$3,721 – $4,208 per month
*TYPE OF POSITION: *
Permanent, Full-time. This position is represented by the WPEA. Important Note: Once appointed to this position the incumbent will be required to pay union dues or other representation fees within the first 30 days of employment.
October 30, 2016 Note: Recruitment may be extended after October 30, 2016 depending on the quantity and quality of the application pool.
Are you looking for your last job? DNR Equipment Services has a rare opportunity for the right person.
The Department of Natural Resources is recruiting to fill an Equipment Technician 3 position in the Pacific Cascade region. This position will be based at the Larch correctional facility outside Battleground, Washington, with travel to other work centers in the region to perform maintenance and repair on our diverse fleet. Equipment types vary, including outdoor power equipment, excavators, quads, dump trucks and firetrucks. The right applicant must be an organized, self-starter capable of performing at a high level, with little direct supervision. The successful applicant will work in both the shop and at remote locations throughout S.W. Washington, coordinating and working with other region staff, to ensure fleet maintenance needs are met. Fiscally responsible fleet reliability is our goal and we are looking for an individual who has great attention to detail, is self-motivated and takes pride in their work. They will be rewarded with competitive pay and great benefits.
If this position sound right for you, apply today!
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform multiple and complex tasks simultaneously, effectively and independently, in a timely and professional manner, with frequent interruptions, all while maintaining a harmonious atmosphere.
- Must be skilled in MS Excel, Word, and other office and fleet management software programs.
- Must be skilled in telephone etiquette, customer service and database management.
- Must have the ability to organize the areas of responsibility and performance goals.
- Must be technically trained and up-to-date in shop operations.
- Punctual arrival at work each day and effective time management skills are essential requirements for this position.
- ASE Master Certification (or other recognize program) or AA Degree from a recognize trade school offering a two year program.
- Class A CDL with Air Brake Classification and Air Brake Repair Certification.
- Current on industry standards and best practices.
- Experience with AssetWorks FA fleet management software.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- The incumbent in this position is required to travel.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have two years of driving experience. This position requires driving as an essential function. Employees who drive for state business, whether in a state or privately-owned vehicle, are required to possess a valid license as defined in policy PO02-006 and abide by all other driver responsibility requirements.
- 5 years verifiable Automotive or Heavy Truck experience within the last 7 years.
- Journeyman status as an equipment technician as demonstrated by training, experience or both.
- Must be able to perform all physical requirements of an equipment technician such as standing for extended periods of time, lifting a minimum of 75 lbs., bending, squatting, etc.
- Must be able to work overtime, to include weekends, when required. Supplemental Information
WHO MAY APPLY This recruitment is open to anyone who meets the required qualifications for this position.
- To be considered you must apply online at www.careers.wa.gov (Click on the APPLY button above)
- Submit the following:
- Attach a letter of interest describing how your experience and qualifications relate to the position profile, required and desired position qualifications, and special position requirements. Do not add it into the text of the application, it must be an attachment.
- Attach your Resume. Do not add it into the text of the application, it must be an attachment.
- The names of three to five professional references – you may attach a document, use the References text field in the online application, or include with resume.
- Carefully review your application materials before submitting.
- You may not reapply for this posting for 30 days.
Note: Finalists and/or interview candidates will be asked to provide a driving record issued from all states in which they have held a license during the past 3 years.
Questions? Please contact Curtis Vaughn at (360) 902-1368/ email@example.com or e-mail us at DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov.
By submitting the application materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. You understand that the state may verify information and that untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from applicant pool or dismissal if employed. This announcement is published by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR). The DNR is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance during the screening process or those needing this announcement in an alternative format may contact DNR Recruiting staff (360) 902-1350 or (360) 902-1097. DNR may be contacted using the Washington State Telecommunications Relay Service (TTY) by dialing 711.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10-0268-10309
Department: Dept. of Natural Resources
Closing: 10/30/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $44,652.00 - $50,496.00 Annually
Location: Clark County – Yacolt, WA