Washington State DSHS Developmental Disabilities Case/ Resource Manger in Yakima, Washington
The Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), is seeking a Developmental Disabilities Case Resource Managerto join our team in Yakima as a pre-admission screening and resident reviews assessor (PASRR).
This is an opportunity to provide skilled social services and specialized case and/or resource management for people with intellectual developmental disabilities and their families. We are seeking someone who thrives with constantly changing work and is wanting to make an impact.
PASRR is a highly visible program that is continuously evolving and improving with the input and recommendations from our case managers. You will collaborate and coordinate with a variety of professional staff, agencies, family members and health care providers to determine how to best care for people we serve, making your interpersonal skills a key to being successful.
If you find this exciting and you are an organized, strong writer, and quick with learning and understating federal and state codes, this is a perfect position for you.
Although each day is different, the following encompasses the normal everyday activities of this position:
- Conduct pre-admission screenings, assessments, and resident reviews for individuals referred for nursing facility placement.
- Authorize and monitor services to assist with community transitions.
- Collaborate with other agencies, families, legal representatives/guardians, professionals, hospital and nursing facility staff, service providers and others to determine best means to meet individual client needs.
- Compose professionally cogent and grammatically correct reports.
- Understand and follow Code of Federal Regulation and state rules and laws related to PASRR and long-term care facilities.
- Monitor services and placements for continues appropriateness and develop transition plans.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
A bachelor's degree in social sciences, social services, human services, behavioral sciences or an allied field.
At least two years of experience providing social services to people with developmental disabilities.
Graduate training in social science, social services, human services, behavioral sciences or an allied field will substitute, year for year, for one year of the experience providing social services to people with developmental disabilities.
One year experience as a developmental disabilities case/resource manager trainee within Washington State employment.
A degree in social work must be from an educational program by the Council on Social Work
**Key Required Skills and Abilities:
- Identify support needs and plan for appropriate services for person with developmental disabilities.
- Identify and assess social dynamics between clients and families and/or other relationships.
- Identify and notify appropriate entities of dangerous or potentially dangerous situations for clients and/or co-workers.
- Working knowledge of the DDA residential and county service guidelines.
- Collaborate with co-workers, other agencies, and professionals to meet assessed client needs.
- Knowledge of developmental disabilities laws and rules and policies/procedures pertaining to the duties of the position.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
For questions about this recruitment please contact Lolo Arevalo at 360-485-7229 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10351 XZ57
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/25/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,627.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: Yakima County – Yakima, WA