Washington State DSHS Rehabilitation Technician 1 in Yakima, Washington
DSHS Rehabilitation Technician 1
Are you passionate about human services and thrive in a fast-paced environment? The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) has an excellent opportunity for you to join the as a Rehabilitation Technician 1. We're seeking a committed individual who is highly inspired to provide outstanding customer service and enjoys working in teams, in support of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Counselors and other professional VR staff.
As a Rehabilitation Technician 1, you will be the frontline of customer service and contact for applicants with disabilities, providing assistance and performing, client orientation, eligibility, preparation and monitoring service delivery plans. Bring your positive attitude and great attention to detail to our team.
Some of what you'll be doing
- Conduct interviews with DVR customers; explain services and collect information used for eligibility determination.
- Assist VRC in collecting diagnostic information for eligibility determination and gather information needed for Individualized Plan of Employment development.
- Prepare correspondence to customers and vendors.
- Register vendors that provide goods and services to DVR customers.
- Prepare and process the Authorization for Purchase of customer goods and services or issues payments for the same.
*What we're looking for *
- Knowledge of the needs and difficulties of individuals with disabilities
- Experience using MS Word, Outlook and internet browsers
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with management, clients, peers, visitors the public
- Highly motivated individuals with demonstrated observation skills and ability to manage time effectively
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and as part of a team
Who should apply? Professionals with 2 years of college-level course work AND 1 year of experience providing direct customer service in a non-retail environment.
Additional related experience or education could substitute year for year, for the above.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10238
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,665.00 - $3,543.00 Monthly
Location: Yakima County – Yakima, WA