SMG Vault Cashier in Anchorage, Alaska
DEFINITION: This position is responsible for assisting the Food & Beverage Manager and Supervisors in the operations of the vault and money room.
- Cash banks must be verified prior to distribution. A signature must be received from each cashier for cash bank distribution.
- Any additional funds distributed to or received from the cashier must be recorded on the Cashier Reconciliation/Cash Slip. Both stand leader and cashier must initial the documentation of the transaction.
- Cashier Reconciliation/Cash Slips are to be reconciled to cash receipts by the cashier in the presence of the stand leader. This is to be performed prior to the stand leader exiting the facility. Independent sales documents (cashier register slips, ticket master reports) must also be reconciled to cash for each stand.
- A shortage or overage exceeding the facility's posted standard (1% of total) indicates inefficiency on the cashier's part and necessitates that the Food & Beverage Manager charge the cashier with a cash handling violation.
- A Daily Cash Sales Report, summarizing total daily sales, must be prepared and signed by the manager.
- At the end of the event the funds are redeposited in full to the bank on a separate deposit slip by the cashier. The funds are not to be retained and redeposited over a period of time or rolled over to future events.
- The Cashier is prohibited from breaking down a previously bagged deposit to make change for any purpose.
- All deposits must be placed immediately in the vault. Deposits are not to be unattended.
- A separate deposit slip must be prepared for each day's deposits (and event or bar/concessions).
- Cashier is responsible for placing all daily deposits in a bank bag, sealing the bag and placing it in the "drop safe." Each day's deposits must be bagged separately.
- Cashier must not allow unauthorized persons access to the vault area. Authorized persons include the Food & Beverage Manager, Banquet Captains, Box Office Personnel, Director of Finance, Security Escort, Egan Center Management and Accounting Manager.
- Distribute change and pick up drops from outlet leaders with escort during events.
High school diploma or equivalent
Experience in banking/cash handling
Demonstrated proficiency of 10-key calculator
Must have own transportation, valid AK drivers license and be bondable
Ability to understand, communicate oral instruction and complete written documentation
Must be able to keep confidential information secure
Requires attention to detail, good organizational skills and must be friendly and courteous
Requires a willingness to work varying hours, which could include evenings, weekends and holidays
The above can be met by a combination of education and training or experience.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which will include weekends and holidays. Work hours may range from very early morning to late night. On rare occasion, must be able to work additional hours, weekends, overnight or extended stays, as business demands, with prior notice. Work is primarily indoors. Some outdoor work (such as snow removal and building maintenance) may be required. Environments may range from very warm to freezing. Work will be performed in many different areas of the Center and off-premise. Work will involve a considerable amount of walking, lifting, and other high-exertion activities. Potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment will be encountered daily during the course of work. May require lifting materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to work in a crowded, high-activity, high-demand environment. Flexibility is required, as to the ability to meet all requests upon demand. Duties require the use of considerable initiative, creativity, judgment, problem-solving, and working under minimal direction. Requires attention to detail, logical reasoning, ability to formulate ideas and opinions, ability to handle multiple priorities, ability to anticipate needs of the company, ability to implement short- and long-term solutions to needs, ability to plan and implement projects, ability to resolve customer service issues. Requires working under deadlines or pressure, dealing with difficult people or situations involving complex issues, and establishing and maintaining cooperative and productive work relationships. Must have outgoing, positive attitude in dealing with clientele and employees.
Compensation: $10.00 - $14.00/hr.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click on the link to be directed to our Careersite where you can apply online. Thank you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled