Cisco Software Development Manager in Bangalore, India
Software Development Manager
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of Interest Engineer - Software
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest Networking
Job Id 1229608
Cisco is the market leader in wireless LAN networking with around 50% market share. With the ever increasing number of wireless smart phones and devices getting connected, the need for wireless LAN (wifi) is on the rise. It also throws open challenges in terms of handling large of devices as part of the wireless LAN solution.
Roles & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experience Software Engineering Manager to lead the design, development and support of significant parts of our wireless LAN controller product line. The person will oversee an exceptional group of engineers with a strong team-oriented culture. The role will have extensive experience with all facets of the software development lifecycle and will provide technical leadership in driving the design and implementation of extremely large distributed systems. The person should be an experienced manager, technically solid and hands-on, with an innovative spirit who can wear many hats. Strong Linux and networking background including L2-L4 technologies, understanding the challenges in distributed systems will be desired. Wireless experience is an added advantage.
The person will also need the energy to drive through continual change programs. As a leader, the person will formulate a technical strategy, and lead a team of talented software engineers, interact with QA counterparts, marketing and escalation teams to execute on the software strategy by developing best-in-class large-scale software for wireless LAN controllers.
• 12-14 years of relevant work experience, including technical management of software developers and architects.
• Strong technical background relevant technologies: Linux, Switching, Routing, TCP/IP, security, wireless
• Results focused with a track record of success working in both waterfall and agile environments
• Experience building and managing a diverse team, both onshore and offshore
• An exceptional mentor and leader with a passion for continuous improvement
• Excellent organization and communication skills
• Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
• Pro-active, flexible and a people person
• Entrepreneurial with an inherent sense of urgency and accountability
• An advanced degree in computer science or engineering from a top institution
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.