SMG Sous Chef in Bossier City, Louisiana
JOB TITLE: Sous Chef
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chef and F&B Director
Responsibilities include assisting the head Chef with day to day operations within the culinary and concession departments. Works with Chef to oversee the kitchen and all other areas in use for events.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Chef with monitoring and implementing practices to ensure a high level of food and beverage quality, presentation, value and sanitary guidelines within all culinary areas of arena.
- Assist Chef with mentoring kitchen staff.
- Assist Chef with inventory, while implementing procedures to limit spoilage and waste.
- Assist in maintaining standards of sanitation and cleanliness in kitchen, concessions and storage areas.
- Maintain dress code and appearance requirements for all culinary staff.
- Maintain an active presence in Chef's absence, during events with close attention to details.
- Responsible for assuring all food and beverage items are prepared under sanitary conditions in accordance with local, state and federal health regulations.
- Assist Chef with scheduling at times for all culinary staff.
- Assist the head Chef in preparation and serving in the kitchen, meeting room, or private party.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices.
- Work with Chef to achieve desired targets for labor cost and cost of goods sold.
- Communicate guest requests to management.
- Ensure all food production is completed in a timely manner for catering, concessions and Suites.
- Assist in ensuring that all deliveries accepted are accurate and properly stored.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
Position requires ability to:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge and ability to operate all major kitchen equipment and appliances necessary to accomplish job.
- Ability to prepare a variety of dishes for large groups.
- Knowledge of catering and concessions.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Strong competency in PC usage.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Knowledge and skills in diverse culinary techniques and presentation.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Maintain effective working relationships with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
*Two year degree in culinary field or appropriate continuing education experience or relevant work experience.
*Minimum of two years experience as a Sous Chef or equivalent relevant work experience.
*Minimum of two years experience as a kitchen manager, Sous Chef or relevant position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Apply at: [Link to job posting in RM]
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled