SMG Staff Accountant in Bossier City, Louisiana
JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
This position handles various aspects of accounting for the company. As such, has a direct responsibility for maintaining General Ledger accounts, administering and processing Accounts Receivables, administering all aspects of billing/collections, preparing journal entries and posting to the General Ledger. Cash accounting including receipts and bank reconciliation, and producing various accounting and financial reports.
The Staff Accountant works under the supervision of the Director of Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain financial record keeping and reporting system, monthly, quarterly and annual reports related to financial or budgetary aspects.
- Compile, calculate and prepare events' settlements and/or related functions.
- Monitor and follow-up on receivables that have been outstanding for usually long periods of time.
- Ensure that all General Ledger accounts are reconciled to subsidiary records on a monthly basis, and compile reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivables, profit and loss statement including tax reports.
- Review reconciliations to ensure that they are prepared properly and follow-up on any unusual items, including maintenance of general ledger, analysis of financial data, payroll, accounts receivables, accounts payable and other related activities.
- Maintain internal audit controls and conduct periodic audits as directed by Director of Finance.
- Post cash receipt , accounts receivables receipts, and accounts receivable invoices.
- Audit Petty Cash monthly and as needed for replenishment.
- Prepares proper calculation of Sales and Use Tax to file sales returns as due every 20th of the month.
- Assist in budget preparation/forecast.
- Assist in Box Office operations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and/or the General Manager.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of organization , budget, maintaining financial /statistical records.
- Must have an effective written and verbal communication skill, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to effective working with a diverse staff are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position.
- Skilled in computer applications such as Windows Microsoft software including Word, Excel and computerized accounting systems.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Requires a Bachelor Degree from accredited University in accounting, business administration as related field and/or minimum of 3 years experience in accounting and finance.
- Daily sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer or terminal keyboard to enter data for an extended period of time.
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Walk/Stand for extended periods during a shift.
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
- Ability to travel by automobile and/or air.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, such as calculator, PC or terminal, printer, fax, photocopier, telephone.
- This position occupies a windowless office environment for possibly extended hours during a shift.
- May be exposed to a high noise level for extended periods of time, relative to event type.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires working extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Periodic travel may be required for job training or assisting at other facilities.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Apply at: [Link to job posting in RM]
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled