Gartner Assoc Director, Human Resources in Chicago, Illinois
Assoc Director, Human Resources
Chicago, ILRegular Full-time
Apply nowJob Description:
The HR Associate Director is responsible for providing HR consultation to one or more global and/or regional BU leadership teams. Supports & drives the adoption & implementation of BU specific HR programs and strategies. Identifies and helps to asses business and people issues where HR solutions can be leveraged and implemented. Demonstrates credibility by building collaborative relationships with the BU leadership team(s) and all HR partners and specialists. Manage, mentor and develop HR Partners and HR Associates.
• Strategic Partner – Provide operational support to the Director and/or VP of the senior leadership team(s) and/or GVP level leadership team(s). Provide direction for the BUs in the area of strategic HR planning and operations. Lead a team of HR professionals and support staff that provide a broad range of HR consultation, solutions and services to the BUs.
• Trusted Advisor - Coach OC directs and their directs reports on leadership effectiveness and performance. Effectively use strategic influence and negotiation to secure support from BU & HR stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
• Employee Engagement – Along with the company’s strategic imperatives and values, ensure a collaborative workforce based on shared goals and accountability. Provide opportunity for all associates, effective leadership and a fair and consistent workplace. Collaborate with Talent Management team to have awareness of corporate training initiatives in order to drive adoption into your BUs.
• Employee Relations – Minimize risk to organization by actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely, cost efficient manner. Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts. Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership and BU leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
• Workforce Planning – Proactively work with BU leadership to understand headcount and BU objectives. Open vacancies in a timely manner to facilitate the recruiting process. This will include determining what mix of experience, knowledge, and skills are required and then sequence the steps to get the right number of the right people in the right place at the right time. Create and revise role profiles as needed to facilitate business planning.
• Recruitment and Retention – Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organization. Ensure best in class processes and workflows for candidate life cycle are established and executed on. Understand recruitment processes and work closely with Recruiting leadership to revise, update & improve upon when necessary.
• Organizational Development/Design (OD) – Support Org design efforts with HR VP/Director through partnership on the analysis & guidance of BU’s current organizational state and future growth opportunities. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of BUs’ strategies, the competitive landscape, and current and potential future business challenges. Implement long and short term solutions to meet business needs.
• Succession Planning – Support leadership preparation for OC and BU annual talent review sessions. Lead BU talent reviews in order to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to minimize unwanted attrition, particularly in BU critical roles, specialty skill sets, and in highly competitive critical market places.
• Team Leader – Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top quality HR talent to ensure the highest levels of performance and productivity. Instill a culture that emphasizes collaboration, accountability and transparency among the HR team.
• Compensation and Benefits – Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with BU leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide ongoing global compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Collaborate with global compensation and benefits partners to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
• Change Management – Endorse and manage change in BUs to influence organizational culture. Implement change programs as business needs dictate
•Bachelor's Degree, 8-10 years of progressive HR generalist or related experience.
• Proven HR Generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, succession planning, comp, performance mgt, workforce planning, recruitment, and training and development.
• Strong analytical skills to deliver HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues.
• Proven HR consulting and coaching skills; successful track record of superior service delivery in diverse global environments.
• Track record of achieving results that contribute significantly to the business.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with team members in a matrixed environment.