SMG Sr. Restaurant and Concessions Manager in Chicago, Illinois
POSITION: Sr. Restaurant and Concessions Manager
DEPARTMENT: Restaurants and Concessions
REPORTS TO: Sr. Food and Beverage Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried-Exempt
SAVOR...Chicago, a leading food service provider located at McCormick Place Convention Center has an immediate opening for a Restaurant and Concessions Manager. This position is responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Restaurant and Concessions areas of the convention center.
- Supervises the concessions employees in the preparation and service of food and refreshments, as well as clean-up
- Assists in the training of concessions employees engaged in the preparing and cooking foods to ensure high quality, efficient and profitable food service
- Assists in developing work plans including scheduling and ordering; assigns appropriate duties to subordinates
- Oversees Restaurant and Concessions operations during events to ensure client satisfaction and quality control standards
- Directs storage, preparation, and serving of refreshments by other workers at refreshment stands or circulating throughout audience
- Maintains inventory controls
- Inspects and samples prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Food & Beverage Management or related field desired
- Minimum 2-4 years' experience in management level position in Restaurant and Concessions or equivalent training experience.
- Certification in Food Service Sanitation and Basset
- Prior supervisory experience
- Prior experience in an Union environment preferred
- Computer literate (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Must be flexible, have a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled