SMG Operations Housekeeping/Set Up Staff - PT in Cleveland, Ohio
POSITION: Operations Housekeeping/Set Up Staff-Part Time
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part Time Operations Housekeeping/Set Up Staff Member at the Huntington Convention Center of Cleveland and Global Center for Health Innovation. This position is responsible for performing work as needed to efficiently clean, maintain, and prepare for events and other day to day needs in keeping with standards of a first class facility. This includes, but not limited to setting/striking tables, chairs, staging, air walls, barricades, pipe and drape, dance floor and other event related inventory as needed. Other responsibilities include preventative maintenance, cleaning, upkeep, replenishing supplies and operating machinery including but not limited to utility vehicles, compactors, scrubbers, sweepers, snow machines, pallet jacks and other motorized material handling equipment as trained and authorized.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following: Performs various event related tasks efficiently before, during and after events including but not limited to the setting/striking of tables, chairs, staging, air walls, barricades, pipe and drape, dance floor and other event related inventory as needed.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, waxes, vacuums, cleans all surfaces, empties trash and operates trash and recycling compactors as directed.
- Keeps Supervisor and Manager informed on status of work and reviews work orders and completes tasks as assigned within the time period provided.
- Maintains supply rooms and equipment in an orderly fashion and uses equipment and supplies as instructed.
- Assist with proper storage of all event related equipment as directed.
- Assist with the cleaning and minor maintenance of all cleaning and housekeeping machinery and equipment.
- Performs deep cleaning and housekeeping projects throughout the Facility, i.e., carpet extraction, floor stripping, sanitization, waste removal, window cleaning and other projects as directed.
- Reports damages to equipment in a timely manner to Supervisor
- Performs preventative maintenance work on equipment, storage rooms and other areas of the Facility as directed.
- Maintains inventory logs and department checklists as directed.
- Maintains good and effective relationships with staff.
- Adheres to all Facility rules, regulations, safety programs, policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Performs tasks related to the handling of mail and/or other deliveries to our loading dock area as directed.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Experience in similar facility setting is preferred but not required.
Hours of work and travel requirements:
- Shifts vary -- Required to work any shift needed (as scheduled)
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive housekeeping and certain event set up tasks without immediate supervision.
- Familiar with basic cleaning products, tools and housekeeping practices.
- Ability to take direction and complete assigned tasks accurately and on time.
- Ability to operate various cleaning machines and equipment within the Facility.
- Must possess good oral, written and interpersonal skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires work inside the Facility and outside with exposure to adverse weather, dust, dirt, cleaning agent odors, loud noise, heavy crowds of people, and other working conditions.
- Position requires walking the Facility and grounds, climbing, standing, kneeling and lifting of weights up to 50 lbs.
Position requires the cleaning, dusting and maintenance of various areas throughout Facility.
Position requires the ability to work flexible hours, which could include holidays and weekends as dictated by event activity.
- Employees must be well groomed and maintain a professional appearance including the wearing of an issued full uniform in accordance with SMG policy and procedures.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities,
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled