SMG Event Receptionist in Grand Rapids, Michigan
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Receptionist for SMG/DeVos Place. Assists customers, clients, events staff, tenants, employees and the general public by operating a multi-line telephone system to answer incoming calls, providing information, and delivering any other customer service needed, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, information about events at the facility and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, announces visitors to appropriate personnel, directs visitors as needed.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Operates radio dispatch system as needed.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail, and maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Orders, receives, and maintains office supplies.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, typing, photocopying, and collating.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred
- 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to type 35-40 wpm preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work unsupervised and to function both independently and as a team member
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software. Knowledge of Spreadsheets helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
303 Monroe Avenue NW
Grand Rapids, MI 45903
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 616-742-6196.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Feder
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled