SMG Part Time Info Desk Clerk in Greenville, South Carolina
This position is responsible for providing guest informational services and general security of the conference center and exhibit halls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Open facility in the morning, turning on lights and unlocking doors.
- Answer guests and visitor's questions.
- Oversee changing of signage on outdoor marquee.
- Activate and deactivate security alarms as necessary.
- Report and investigate incidents related to building security as needed.
- Receive incoming mail and packages and deliver to appropriate departments.
- Secure facility at end of shift to include locking doors, turning off lights, and securing gates.
- Be point of contact for emergency calls for security issues -- fire, police, ADT.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Report any unsafe conditions or safety hazards to supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant General Manager.
- Knowledge of facility security and fire alarm systems.
- Knowledge of escalator and elevator systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to respond effectively and efficiently to facility emergencies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to operate two-way radio and telephone.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in general security field
- Occasional sitting, focusing on and operating a personal computer several times a day.
- Ability to read printed words and numbers in printed form and on computer/terminal monitor.
- Communicate by telephone for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
- Daily lifting up to 25 lbs. Up to 5 minutes at a time. Daily carrying up to 25 lbs. up to 5 minutes at a time.
- Ability to distinguish color.
- Daily standing for up to 60 minutes at a time directing facility guests.
- See and distinguish objects or symbols as 20 feet or more and 20 inches or less. Depth perception, peripheral vision and bringing objects into focus.
- Write using pen/pencil or personal computer keyboard for up to 30 minutes at a time on a daily basis.
- Climbing ladders and staircases multiple times per day as needed to secure facility.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping.
- Operating manual and mechanical roll-up doors.
- This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions.
- Some outdoor exposure for changing signage.
- Requires frequent standing and walking throughout the facility
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Hours vary based on need and event schedule
- Irregular hours including evenings and weekends during the shows.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled