SMG Engineer - Facilities Maintenance in Kissimmee, Florida
SMG, the leader in privately managed convention centers and arenas has an excellent and immediate opening for an Engineer -- Facilities Maintenance at Osceola Heritage Park, Kissimmee, FL
SUMMARY: The engineer is responsible for all aspects of facility maintenance and event setup and teardown. All facility equipment including audio and visual, plumbing and electrical plants; lighting and climate control systems; roofing systems; telecommunications, food service and maintenance/cleaning equipment is operating properly and efficiently, and maintained in good condition. Provide general facility maintenance and proper delivery of event-related utility services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with proper and efficient operation of the facilities Building Management System (BMS);
- Provides technical support, oversees and/or assists with repairs and maintenance of all facility systems and equipment;
- Help ensure all equipment is maintained according to factory specifications and appropriate PM information is entered into SMG Altum Maintenance Program;
- Proper utilization of the Work Order and SMG Maintenance Manager systems;
- Adherence to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes;
- Analyzes needs and plan preventive maintenance programs and upgrades for systems;
- Monitors repair activity to minimum downtown and disruption to facility event activity;
- Setup and teardown event related services, phone and internet, power, A/V, and lighting;
- Other job duties as assigned;
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an accredited technical school;
- Minimum of three years' experience in the operation and maintenance of a public assembly, hotel or other commercial facility;
- Experience in operating a forklift and aerial lift preferred but willing to train;
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organization skills;
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic;
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including night and weekend duties are required;
- Proficient computer skills to operate BMS/other automated systems.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Journeyman Electrician preferred;
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS -- the physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Heavy lifting, climbing, stooping, crawling and equipment operation.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Working indoors and outdoors and is subject to adverse conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 321-697-3333.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled