SMG Event Staff in Knoxville, Tennessee
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has immediate openings for part-time, on-call Event Staff with SMG Knoxville at the Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum, Knoxville Convention Center and Chilhowee Park and Exposition Center. The position will entail scanning tickets, assisting patrons to their seats, securing the property for events, parking cars as well as other responsibilities as assigned.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as a ticket scanner or cash register is required.
- Constant standing, walking, stooping, reaching for a minimum of 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to work extended hours productively in a fast-paced, very physically demanding environment
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Must be able to work extended and/or irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
SKILLS/ APTITUDES/ QUALIFICATIONS:
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times and supports the company's policies
- Excellent organizational, planning, advanced oral and written communication skills, and inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail and service oriented
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks and work independently
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must be able to pass criminal background check
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE: * High school diploma or equivalent * Previous service experience preferred
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled