Macy's Fixture Management Associate - Material Handler in Lakewood, California
* Job Overview: *
Fixture Management Associate unloads fixtures/materials from shuttle truck. Packing, placement and movement within the DC of all fixtures. Manage the disposal and recycling process & the maintenance of accurate records. Perform all duties assigned by the Regional Fixture Management Supervisor.
Essential Functions: *
• Daily unloading of trailers • Processing & disposal of trash and recycle fixtures
• Maintain accurate trash / recycle records • Maintain safe and clean Fixture Storage area • Packing & placement of fixtures, hardware and materials • Logging of outbound trailer numbers • Maintaining accurate inventory and fixture counts • Timeliness of trailer off-load • Non-compliance notification • Basic computer skills • Follows shortage programs and procedures • Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• High School degree or equivalent. Prior experience a plus.
- Communication Skills: *
• Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. * *
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
Physical Demands: *
• This position requires constant moving and standing. Must be able to stand for at least two consecutive hours. Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. May occasionally be required to reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb ladders. May have to reach above eye level.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other Skills: *
• The qualified individual must be able to self-motivate, possess strong interpersonal communication skills, and be able to work individually or at times supervise a group of temporary associates. • Task driven.
• Physical job.
• Requires effective and consistent communication with the FMP Regional Manager. • This individual must have knowledge of fixture types and styles and be able to maintain an accurate inventory. • This individual must also have knowledgeable of basic computer programs. These would include Excel, and Internet Explorer. • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment
- Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-Lakewood
Job: Operations and Logistics
Req ID: MAC08801