SMG Bus Person in Long Beach, California
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food and Beverage Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Busser for SMG/Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center.This position is responsible for the cleanliness of the Café at all times during their shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Practice good customer relations at all times, assisting the guest in any way which will not adversely affect another guest. To know and follow all Mystery Shopper points.
- To attend to customer complaints satisfactorily and alert a Supervisor.
- Must implement opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- To clean and refill condiment areas, sauce bottles and containers to ensure consistent supplies are stocked.
- To be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of personal hygiene and dress, as well as adhering to uniform policy.
- To maintain clean tables and ensure they are cleaned as soon as it is apparent the customers have finished their meal.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or 3-6 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished written, oral, or diagram form. Good communication and customer service skills necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled