Comcast Eng3,Product Dev Engineering in Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Comcast has identified SDWAN SDN/NFV based enterprise and managed services as a key area of growth within commercial data services portfolio.
This individual will be a contributor on SD-WAN SDN/NFV network technologies Commercial Enterprise service products, specializing in enterprise networks and managed services.
This individual should have some knowledge and practical hand-on experience of larger enterprise services (such as IP VPN, MPLS VPNs).
This individual should have some knowledge of managed services for customer network implementations.
Individual should have some ability to create or work with data models, scripts, and API’s
Individual should have practical knowledge of multiple languages including XML / Yang / Netconf / Linux / Unix
- Analysis and verifications SDN/NFV vendors’ technologies and feasibilities for new Managed Services, Internet Services, and IP-VPN services of SD-WAN
- Test and certify new uCPE devices, and new cloud platforms roadmap and vendor selections of SDN/NFV technologies for Managed Services, Internet Services, and IP-VPN services of SD-WAN
- SD-WAN NFV functional testing planning, testing executions and verify and track issues and resolve issues with vendors.
- Team supports product introductions of new services of SD-WAN, such as generating M&P documents, training activation, care, NOC operation and other engineers, support escalations from Service activations, customer care and NOC operations.
- Team supports high level designs and integration OSS systems of Service fulfillments, service activations, MANO, and services assurances functions for SDN/NFV (such as vCPE and Cloud platform) for new Managed Services, Internet Services, and IP-VPN services of SD-WAN.
- Team supports SDWAN software life cycle support including testing, certification and documentation.
- Supports the architecture, design, development, qualification and deployment of applications consistent with product and technical roadmaps.
- Works with engineering project management and principle engineers to deliver applications that meet or exceed product requirements, project schedules and reliability.
- Develops and applies performance and bandwidth models for interactive applications to document network impacts.
- Works with the product development and operations teams to define technical requirements to accompany existing product and operation requirements. Designs and develops use cases in support of the technical requirements. Transforms technical requirements into architectures.
- Defines and documents a detailed design to meet technical requirements and architecture.
- Assists in vendor technical selection and management including input to specifications and vendor evaluation. Interfaces with outside teams in the development of internal and third party software to support the detailed designs.
- Interfaces with Company test teams to validate Company test plans and procedures are representative of fully exercising and validating the product features and capabilities.
- Works closely with development, integration and test teams to ensure product quality. Prepares deliverables for trial and market readiness.
- Drives the continuous improvement of deployed systems by consistently looking for ways to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Supports operations by providing deployment and sustained engineering support for all responsible systems and technologies. Diagnoses and resolves escalated field issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Deep knowledge and practical experiences of IP/MPLS/Ethernet network technologies protocols, implementation and operation, such as BGP, RIP, OSPF, ISIS, and MPLS (LDP, RSVP-TE, MP-BGP)
• Prior experience surrounding Ethernet and IP Service (Ethernet Private Line, Private LAN, Dedicated Internet, IPVLN, Internet, and Managed Router)
• Strong knowledge and working experience of XML and Yang languages
• Strong knowledge and working experience of Linux / Unix operating systems
• It is not required but desirable to have experiences in NFV Orchestrator and Manager, and Virtualized Infrastructure Manager technologies, market trend and major vendors.
• It is not required but desirable to have experiences in NFV MANO standards, architecture, and integrations with OSS systems.
• It is not required but desirable to have in the cloud management systems like OpenStack and VMware vCloud, Network management products, OSS products and familiarity with industry standards, specifically ETSI
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.