SMG ADA Greeter in New Orleans, Louisiana
POSITION: ADA Greeter
DEPARTMENT: Guest Services
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an ADA Greeter for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Visibly stand at the entrance doors ready to assist patrons as needed/required
- If ticket relocates are needed, depending on the event, escort them to the nearest Guest Services desk or the box office
- If trying to find their seats escort them the quickest route. If an elevator is needed to escort them to the nearest one
- If a wheelchair is needed escort the patron to Guest Relations to check-out a wheelchair. If the patron is unable to walk, have a friend or family member of the patron accompany you to Guest Relations to check-out the wheelchair
- At the end of an event escort patrons to the nearest exit or elevator by the quickest route
- Inform patrons of restroom, merchandise, ATM and concession locations, as needed
- Periodically check with Guest Services to add if patrons need assistance
- Bring any Lost & Found to Guest Services desk
- Fill out Event Incident Sheets
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Extensive building knowledge of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome and Smoothie King Center
- Be able to stand on feet for long periods of time and walk/move around all facilities
- Must have knowledge of ADA procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled