SMG Field Crew in New Orleans, Louisiana
POSITION: Field Crew
DEPARTMENT: Field Crew
REPORTS TO: Field Crew Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Field Crew for SMG Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform duties connected with physical conversion/setup of facility in accordance with lease requirements
- The performance of general physical labor, i.e. laying turf, carrying, lifting and assembly of furniture and fixtures, staging, painting the field, installing basketball courts, etc.
- Works during events and responds as needed to both scheduled and unforeseen physical modifications required for that event
- Assists in providing necessary physical support and back up in satisfying both pre and event requirements
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- General laborers experience preferred
- Previous facility operations experience a plus
- Ability to assume responsibility in the absence of Conversion Specialists
- Thorough knowledge of physical arrangement of the Superdome, its capabilities, and limitations
- Thorough knowledge of equipment inventory, i.e. tables, chairs, staging, etc.
- Ability to interpret written instructions as to physical set-up for specific events
- Physical ability to operate equipment and provide manual assistance when necessary
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled