SMG Banquet Server in Ontario, California
Position Title: Concessions/Banquet Server - Job code 359330
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports To: Food & Beverage Manager/Assistant Manager/Banquet Captain/Director of Food & Beverage
Classification: Part-time Hourly, Non-Exempt
Position Summary: This is a hands-on position, providing the highest degree of professional catering service to guests with the goal of achieving customer satisfaction and retention.
- Reports for work in proper uniform according to the scheduled time.
- Follows instructions for each event as given by the Food & Beverage Manager/Assistant Manager/Banquet Captain.
- Assists with collecting all banquet equipment to include flatware, china, glassware, and serving pieces needed for each event.
- Assists with preparing garnishes, beverages, condiments, and breads.
- Assists with cleaning and filling salt and pepper containers, sugar dishes, creamers, etc.
- Assists with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary.
- Prepares tables with place settings as instructed by the Food & Beverage Manager and/or Banquet Captain.
- Attends pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
- Provides friendly and courteous customer service at all times.
- Remains at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
- Reports any customer concerns and/or complaints to Banquet Captain.
- Breaks down tables and banquet equipment after each event.
- Cleans and returns serving pieces to proper storage area.
- Adheres to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
- Follows service standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
Required: Minimum of six (6) months work experience in service-oriented environment.
Catering services and terminology
Strong guest service skills
Get along well with others
Receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position requires performing repetitive eye/hand coordination; daily lifting and
carrying up to 25 lbs. above shoulder level for up to 5 minutes at a time; constant
standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and handling objects; not subject to adverse
conditions; irregular hours will be required.
HR Coordinator Recruiter- Terri Wallace
SMG‐Ontario Convention Center
2000 E Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA 91764
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled