SMG Lead Destination Services Representative in Ontario, California
Position Title: Lead Destination Services Representative
Department: Destination Services
Reports To: Destination Services, Supervisor/Manager
Classification: Hourly, Full-Time
Position Summary: Lead representative of Guest Services Team at the California Welcome Center, Ontario Mills. The Destination Services Representative is typically the guest's first interaction and it is our duty that our guests be welcomed and acknowledged with courteous, professional and positive customer service. As a Lead Destination Services Representative, you are responsible for ensuring that our team provides the highest level of guest service and that our standards are met and maintained always. With a combination of a passion for the job and the right communication, you have the ability and empowerment to make the guest's experience more than memorable. A Lead Destination Services Representative must have a positive and professional upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests and offer support to the Destination Services Supervisor and Manager.
- Professional customer service etiquette and attire
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Office, Excel, and general computer functions
- Service-oriented, team player with a great attitude
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Cash handling, POS/Register experience
- Maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality
- Must be able to lift at least 40 pounds
- Flexible schedule (Mornings, Afternoons, Evenings, Weekends, some Holidays)
- Local and Statewide tourism knowledge a plus
- On-site training support for new hires on POS functions, Company Policies, and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assisting Destination Services Supervisor and Manager with additional tasks and projects
- Taking on leadership responsibilities in the absence of Destination Services Supervisor and Manager
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
One to two years' experience in Customer Service/Retail field.
Preferred: Previous experience in Tourism/Hospitality industry.
Valid California Driver's License (DMV)
Computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Read, write, and speak English. Bilingual a plus.
Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Be detail oriented
Present a professional appearance and demeanor always during the workday
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with tenants, employees, and the public
Operate modern office equipment, including computer, fax, phone, and copy machine
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
This position requires lifting to 40 lbs. without assistance; standing for more than 70% of the workday; some sitting, bending, and stooping may be required.
HR Coordinator Recruiter- Terri Wallace
SMG‐Ontario Convention Center
2000 E Convention Center Way, Ontario, CA 91764
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled