Comcast Mgr, Corporate Communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Manager, Corporate Communications, Customer Experience
The Corporate Communications team has created a new role, Manager of Customer Experience. In this role, the individual would focus on publicizing Comcast's Customer Experience initiatives including Digital and Retail. You will be responsible for working with the team to create communications strategies, develop communications materials and share our improvement story with press, influencers and customers across the country and across traditional, digital and social platforms. You will also work directly and collaboratively with the CX organization, the broader Corporate Communications team, and other functional areas to cascade our Customer Experience transformation story to key audiences. The ideal candidate will have broad corporate communications experience, strong project management skills, and exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills. We're looking for a real self-starter who will work closely with the Customer Experience, Retail, and Digital teams to seek opportunities to creatively tell our story externally.
- Support proactive communications initiatives designed to support Comcast's customer experience transformation.
- Write strategic communications materials including plans, messaging, press releases and blog posts.
- Develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels, including senior management.
- Act as key liaison with Customer Experience leads both within Corporate Headquarters and across the field.
- Staff media events and tours with key executives and Company representatives as needed.
- Manage external editorial calendar and create content for the external website, which supports the Comcast Customer Experience efforts including our retail and digital transformation.
- Seek proactive storytelling opportunities, including conference keynotes, podcasts, and more.
- Manage consultants/contracted resources as needed, including communications agencies
- Provide support to Corporate Communications team and executives in crisis communications situations; managing as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Generally requires 5-7 years of public relations experience either in a corporate or agency setting.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred.
- Superior oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to write quickly, distilling concepts into key messages for multiple audiences.
- Strong project management skills.
- Past media relations experience a plus. Crisis communications experience is a plus.
- Previous event coordination experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
- Proficient in the utilization of all Microsoft Office Suite programs, including, but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Exercise consistent independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Strong understanding of digital/mobile/social landscape is a plus.
- A 24/7 professional capable of juggling projects at night and/or on weekends.
- Open to travel on occasion.
- Experience in developing proactive, creative media relations campaigns and events.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer