Macy's Senior Systems Analyst (macys.com) in San Francisco, California
As a member of the Interactive Marketing Systems team, the Senior Systems Analyst supports the technical delivery of various Interactive marketing capabilities across projects and assures quality and availability of relevant data. The Senior Systems Analyst will provide production support and troubleshoot issues. The Senior Systems Analyst aligns with the Solution Managers on the product and ensures the delivery of enhancement and/or technical solution. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Collaborate with other teams and business stakeholders to understand their objectives, provide support in developing technical solutions and documents, review and approve requirements to attain business objectives.
• Research data and systems issues, drive discussions with technical resources, and prioritize actions to ensure rapid and effective resolutions to business critical issues.
• Support vendor integration, SLA monitoring and process governance.
• Identify potential data quality risks, and take preemptive measures when necessary. Maintain documentation of production operations and assist in documenting operational best practices.
• Participate in planning and design discussions, identify and compare options, and document decisions on final technical solutions.
• Identify data sources and the data elements required for successful execution of support and development activities.
• Validate data mappings and ETL logic to meet requirements. • Consistently demonstrate regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• BS/BA degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent experience. • 3-5 years as a Systems Analyst with data centric focus and 3 - 5 years database development experience, plus Shell Scripting and ETL.
• Strong communication, negotiation, and problem solving skill are required. • Detail-oriented, well-organized with ability to translate & communicate complex and abstract issues. • Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, unambiguous fashion, especially with regard to requirements documents.
• Comfortable working with larger datasets, knowledge of data models (relational and dimensional), data profiling and data warehousing. • Must have proficient knowledge of the software development lifecycle. • Must have general knowledge and understanding of SEM and SEO practices. • Reviewing treatments, calculating and estimating the effort. • Providing deep system analysis, supporting enhancements for internal tools. • Systematically deduce origins of problems affecting in-house processes and batch jobs.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
/This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with //SFPC Art. 49// and //LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9//./
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Req ID: MAC08795