Fluor Office Manager III, Government Relations in Washington, United States
This position is critical to the Government Relations (GR) advocacy efforts of a Fortune 150 engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction (EPFC) company headquartered in Irving, Texas.
Responsibilities include: Financial administration of GR cost centers; management and oversight of GR facility to ensure cost control measures and efficient use of space, equipment and technology; vendor procurement, support and management; assistance with compliance and management of local, state and federal political activities of the Company; assistance in formulation and execution of value added strategies for company projects and pursuits.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Government Relations.
Financial Planning and Administration:
• Coordinate with the Senior Vice President, Government Relations to prepare the annual budgets.
• Monitor three separate cost centers; provide SAP information and generate custom reports for effective allocation of funds.
• Accountable for the processing, workflow, and reconciliation of all PO and Non PO invoices.
• Request and submit all documentation required for corporate vendor validation system.
• Manage and reconcile the GR Purchase Card and Petty Cash account to ensure corporate compliance.
• Serve as the primary point of contact with Corporate Finance and Accounts Payable for GR office, vendors, and consultants.
• Plan and execute senior executive and C-level corporate meetings and functions to include coordination with senior administrative support, transportation arrangements, catering and staffing, and other logistical needs.
• Ensure all vendors, visitors, and guests adhere to corporate Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
• Maintain functionality of security system, servers, computers, phone systems, office equipment, network shared drive, and other IT assets as required.
• Perform market research and select best vendors qualified to meet facility needs and requirements.
• Responsible for GR vendor contracts; establish and maintain relationships with all vendors to ensure excellent quality and timely service.
• Manage the use of GR meeting and event spaces for both internal and external clients; requires continual update of network facility calendar.
• Compile quarterly facility data utilizing the Sustainability Performance Improvement Management System (SPIMs) for the annual sustainability report.
• Maintain good working relationships with owners and tenants of surrounding properties in historic Capitol Hill district.
• Proactively research and identify key issues and public policies that may affect projects, clients, and pursuits across all business lines; work with GR team to resolve or support issues.
• Assist colleagues in preparing for speaking opportunities through research and utilization of company specific presentations, briefing notes, talking points, speeches and other communications materials created for key initiatives.
• Represent the company and its legislative and regulatory priorities within associations, industry groups, and government agencies.
• Establish productive and collaborative relationships with key congressional staff and government agencies.
• Prepare semiannual corporate Political Activities report posted on the public company website.
• Compile lobbying information for quarterly corporate Lobbying Disclosure report, LD-2.
• Prepare and submit corporate semiannual Federal Contributions report, LD-203.
• Research and file state and local compliance reports as required.
Political Action Committee (PAC) Support:
• Assist in monitoring PAC receipts and disbursements.
• Provide support and information to the PAC Manager to facilitate PAC contributions.
• Execute annual contracts for the maintenance and upkeep of the PAC website and database management services.
• Distribute annual PAC solicitation.
• Manage and support PAC events located around the country.
• Manage 35-40 annual PAC events hosted at the GR office.
• Ensure all PAC events and functions are executed in compliance with federal election laws and regulations.
General Office Reception Duties and Support
• Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
• Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
• Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
• Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material
• Assist with set up and break down for Government Relations office events
• Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
• Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
• Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk
• Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
• Update calendars and schedule meetings
• Arrange travel and accommodations
• Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
Job ID: 106888BR
State: Washington DC
Country: United States
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.