SMG PT Operations Staff in Wildwood, New Jersey
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for PT Operations Staff at SMG/Wildwoods Convention Center. This position is responsible for maintenance, general building cleaning, as well as event room/hall set-ups and breakdowns as required by clients. Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Works with other in-house staff to ensure production requirements are met and promoter/client requests are fully executed.
Assists utility workers and temporary labor workers in the general cleaning of the facility.
set-up of tables, chairs, risers and other associated equipment required for all meeting rooms and exhibition halls.
Works with the Operations Manager in the development of daily work tasks sheets and ensures that these tasks are completed in a first class and efficient manner.
Works in conjunction with the Public Safety to ensure that comprehensive energy conservation and security programs are adhered to in the daily operation of the building.
Assists in the development of safety and emergency procedures for the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Possess a strong working knowledge of facility housekeeping standards and practices as well as public assembly facility set-up requirements.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. consistently.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess strong attention to detail and the ability and initiative to maintain a first-class facility.
- Ability to prioritize assignments/tasks to maximize efficiency.
- Valid Driver's License is desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some knowledge of computers and electronics.
- Ability to work flexible hours including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English.
- Must have professional attitude and appearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Note
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled